The Southern California International Review (SCIR) is no longer accepting outstanding submissions for publication in our Fall 2018 issue. Information on how to submit to our Spring 2019 issue will be available on our website later this fall.
The Review publishes up to five exceptional full-length articles in every issue. SCIR has published pieces from university students around the world, including Duke, Georgetown, Australia National University, and Boston College. The deadline for submission for the Fall 2018 issue has been extended to September 23, 2018 at 11:59 pm (PST). The authors of selected pieces will be notified approximately a month after the submission deadline.
Here are the following requirements for submission:
- The topic must pertain to international relations. We accept a wide range of subjects including security studies, foreign trade relations, global economics, and foreign policy.
- Must be Times New Roman font and 12 point size.
- Must be between 3,000-10,000 words.
- Must be submitted in doc or docx format.
- Must include a title page with an abstract.
- Must use a consistent citation method (e.g. MLA or Chicago). Chicago style is highly preferred.
- The work must have been completed during undergraduate study.
To submit, please email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org along with following information:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Year (e.g. Junior)
- When was the piece written?
- Has the piece already been published in another journal? If so, which one?
- Did you write this piece for a class? If so, which one?
- How did you hear about SCIR?
Please email email@example.com with any questions.