The Southern California International Review (SCIR) is currently accepting outstanding submissions for publication in our Spring 2019 issue.
SCIR publishes up to five exceptional full-length articles in every issue. SCIR has published pieces from university students around the world, including Duke, Georgetown, Australia National University, and Boston College. The deadline for submission for the Spring 2019 issue is Sunday, February 3 at 11:59 pm (PST). The authors of selected pieces will be notified approximately a month after the submission deadline.
Here are the following requirements for submission:
- The topic must pertain to international relations. We accept a wide range of subjects including security studies, foreign trade relations, global economics, and foreign policy.
- Must be Times New Roman font and 12 point size.
- Must be between 3,000-10,000 words.
- Must be submitted in doc or docx format.
- Must include a title page with an abstract.
- Must use a consistent citation method (e.g. MLA or Chicago). Chicago style (Notes and Bibliography style) is highly preferred.
- The work must have been completed during undergraduate study.
To submit, please email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org along with following information:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Year (e.g. Junior)
- When was the piece written?
- Has the piece already been submitted to or published in another journal? If so, which one?*
- Did you write this piece for a class? If so, which one?
- How did you hear about SCIR?
*While we accept submissions of pieces that are up for consideration at other publications, we are unable to publish pieces that have been previously published or will be published in another journal. Please notify us immediately if there are any changes regarding your piece.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.